1. How long have you been doing photography? I've been behind a camera for more than a decade now. I have experience shooting everything from sports to weddings. I first became interested in photography to complement my journalism skills -- i.e. taking photographs to go with my stories -- and it's evolved since then. In 2013, I officially founded Kaitlin Bitz Photography.
2. Did you know your prices are like...really low for a wedding photographer? Yes, in fact, I do! We do this intentionally -- my husband and I got married two years ago and I remember we were shocked when pricing wedding photographers. For a lot of people including myself, pictures are the most important part of the day! So we try to keep our prices low and reasonable so that brides on all budgets can afford to have beautiful pictures taken at their wedding.
3. So, if I'm interested in booking you for a wedding, what do I do? Yay! I'm so excited you would consider me! Get in touch with me first of all so I can send you a copy of my contract. Then, let's set a time to meet so we can go over your expectations for your wedding day, my pricing options and our procedures.
4. How do I hold my date? If we have your date available, we ask that you put down a 50 percent deposit to hold your date. This deposit is nonrefundable unless there is a cancellation on our end (i.e. family emergency or extreme illness). We do this for two reasons -- a) We turn down other potential brides once we've booked your date and we aren't always able to fill that spot again even if you cancel well ahead of time. b) Like you, we are normal people with a budget and it isn't fair to us for people to cancel after we've signed a contract. It's nothing personal, but we have to protect ourselves and our business.
5. Do you do anything besides weddings? Absolutely! We offer very reasonable pricing for everything from event photography to family portraits. You can check out my blog for examples of the work I've done.
6. Do you offer prints? At this point, we are proud to offer prints through some of our wedding packages, but prefer to do everything else digitally. This helps us to keep our prices low and our customers happy. If you're interested in having prints made, I am more than happy to recommend places and provide a photography release form with your photographs. If you really need me to do prints for you, let me know and we can negotiate a fee in addition to your shoot price.
7. Can I send you picture ideas on Pinterest? Absolutely! Pinterest is such a wonderful tool for sharing ideas and inspiration! You can share boards and pins to my personal or business page. Please keep in mind that while I will use the pictures for ideas, no two photographers have the same shooting style or equipment combination. Therefore, they will look a little different, but I'm confident you'll be just as happy with them!